Sometimes when working in spreadsheet programs like Google Sheets, you may want to make a copy of your sheet.
There are a few different ways of doing this.
In this tutorial, I will show you how to duplicate a sheet and how to copy a sheet in Google Sheets
Table of Contents
How to Duplicate a Sheet
To quickly duplicate a sheet:
- Right-click on the tab in your workbook for the sheet that you want to duplicate
- Select Duplicate
- This will duplicate your sheet into the same workbook
How to Copy a Sheet
- In the top menu select File
- In the drop-down menu select Make a copy
- Name your copy and select Ok
If you just want to copy one tab in your workbook you can right click on the tab and you will have options to copy to a new spreadsheet or an existing spreadsheet
Being able to copy your entire spreadsheet is something every Google Sheet user should know how to do. There will be many times where you need to duplicate your data and keep your original.
We hope you found this tutorial helpful!