When you work in Google Sheets, there will be times where you may need to zoom in or zoom out your spreadsheet.
If you’re coming from Microsoft Excel, zooming is a little bit different in Google Spreadsheets.
In this tutorial, we will show you three different methods to zoom in or zoom out in Google Sheets.
With these methods, you can make your sheet smaller or larger depending on your needs.
Table of Contents
How to Zoom In and Zoom Out in Google Sheets
Using Your Browser Settings
One of the easiest ways to control your zoom level is just through your browser settings.
Here’s how to change your zoom with your browser:
- Click the three-dot menu in the top right of your browser
- Navigate to the zoom option
- Press the plus sign (+) to zoom in or the minus sign (-) to zoom out
This will change the zoom level of your entire browser, which you may not want to do. To just change your Google Sheets workbook, use the method below
Google Spreadsheets Zoom Tool
The best way to just zoom in or out in your Google Sheets workbook is to use the zoom tool in the top menu.
Here’s how it’s done:
- Bring your cursor up to the top menu and select the down arrow in the zoom tool
- To zoom in: select a percentage greater than your current percentage
- To zoom out: select a percentage lower than your current percentage
Zoom In and Zoom Out Keyboard Shortcut
You can also use your keyboard to quickly adjust your zoom settings of the entire browser. Here are the keyboard shortcuts for zoom:
- Zoom in: Ctrl + (press the control key and plus sign)
- Zoom out: Ctrl – (press the control key and minus sign)
- Restore 100% zoom: Ctrl 0 (press the control key and the 0 key)
If you’re using a Mac, you will be using command instead of control. Again this method changes the entire browser settings which might not be ideal