Sometimes when working in Google Docs, you may have a table that you want to split into two separate tables.
If you are used to working in word, this is pretty easy to do with a keyboard shortcut, however, in Google Docs there is not currently a keyboard shortcut for doing this.
However, it is still pretty easy to do.
In this tutorial, I will show you how to split a table in Google Docs
Splitting a Table
Splitting a table in Google Docs is pretty easy. All you have to do is click and drag.
In this example I will be taking this table and splitting it in half into two separate tables:
Here are the steps to do this:
1. Highlight the rows in your table that you want to split from the original table
2. Click and drag down with your cursor anywhere on your doc. After you do this, you should see the rows that you highlighted in the first step are split away from your original table
3. Highlight the rows on the original table that are now blank
4. Right-click and select to delete rows. It will show the number of rows that you highlighted from the table in the previous step
5. You will now have two tables that were previously joined together and are now split
The process to split a table is pretty simple. You just click and drag and remove the empty rows from the original table. This allows you to turn 1 table into 2 by breaking the rows away from the original.
If you still need help figuring out how to do this make sure to watch the video at the top of the page where each step is explained in detail.
More Google Docs Tutorials:
How to Insert Google Sheets Table into Google Docs
How to Write on an Image