Sometimes when working in Google Sheets you may want to replace a space with something like a dash.
This is very easy to do with the find and replace feature.
In this tutorial, I will show you how to replace a space with a dash in Google Sheets.
Replace a Space with a Dash
The easiest way to replace spaces with dashes in your spreadsheet is to use find and replace to accomplish this.
Here are the steps to do this:
1. First highlight the range of cells that contains the cells where you want to replace all spaces with a dash
2. Then press CTRL + F on your keyboard to open the Find tool and select the three-dot menu. You can also press CTRL + H to access the tool directly or select it from the top menu Edit>Find and Replace
3. In the find box type a space ” “. In the Replace with box type a dash “-”
4. Select the Replace all button, and then select Done
5. You should now see that all of the spaces have been changed to dashes
Find and replace make it very easy to change all your spaces to any character you want.
You can also use the SUBSTITUTE function, however, the find and replace method should be sufficient enough for most uses.