Sometimes in Google Sheets, you may end up with some columns that are smaller than larger than others.
If you want to adjust the width of all your columns to be the same size—that is easily doable with a few steps.
In this tutorial, I will show you how to distribute columns evenly in Google Sheets.
Table of Contents
How to Make All Columns Even
If you want to make all columns that same width so that they are distributed evenly, here is what you need to do:
1. First you want to highlight all of the columns that you want to change the column width for
2. Next in the top row, right-click and then select Resize columns
3. From here a dialog box will popup and ask you to enter the width in pixels that you want your columns to be. Enter the desired number and select OK
4. All of the columns that you highlighted in step 1 will now be adjusted so that they are the same size
Now that your columns are all the same width, if you want to make the columns narrower or wider, you can easily adjust the size without having to repeat the steps we went over before.
To adjust the size of all your columns:
1. Highlight all of the columns that you want to resize
2. In the top row click and hold down on your clicker in between two columns
3. While still holding down on the clicker, drag your cursor to the right and release it at the desired width
4. This will make your columns larger
5. To make your columns smaller, click and hold and drag to the left
6. This will make your columns more narrow like in the below image
Those are the quickest ways to make all of your columns have even widths and easily adjust the width sizes.
Another alternative method is just to copy the format of one column that already has the desired with by using the Paint Format Tool. However, this will also copy any other formatting that exists in your columns, so that may or may not work for you.
More Google Sheets Tutorials:
How to Change Row Height