By default, Google Docs has a white background color for each page.
However, not many people are aware that you can customize the background color so that your pages show a color of your choosing.
In this tutorial, I will show you how to change the background color in Google Docs.
Can You Change Page Color?
Yes, you can change your page color to a custom color.
Page color settings are built-in to Google Docs, so it is very easy to change the color.
I will show you how to do this below.
How to Change the Background Color
Changing the background color (page color) is done through the page setup settings.
Here are the steps to change your color:
1. Open your Google Doc and select File
2. From the drop-down menu select Page setup
3. In the Page setup editor navigate to the “Apply to” section and select whether you want the new color to apply to the whole document, or to only the selected content
4. Navigate down the Page color area and click on the color-chooser. You can now select any color or use the custom color picker to choose a custom shade. Choose the color that you want your pages to be
5. After you have chosen your color, select the OK button
6. You will now see that your background/pages have changed the color you have chosen
Changing the color of your Google Docs is very easy since this is a built-in option.
Most often when working in your file, you will probably want the default white background, but there may be times when you want to customize it. Make sure to watch the video if you still need help figuring out how this is done.
More Google Docs Tutorials:
How to Add a Background Image