A pie chart is one of the most classic kinds of charts you can create.
These charts are great at providing a visual representation of data so that you can easily make a comparison.
One type of pie chart that you can create in Google Sheets is called a 3D Pie chart.
In this tutorial, I will show you how to make a 3D Pie Chart in Google Sheets.
Table of Contents
What is a Pie Chart?
A pie chart is a kind of graph that is a circle divided into sections that each represent a proportion of data.
This allows you to easily compare your data with a visual element.
Here is an example of a pie chart
Creating a 3D Pie Chart
Making a 3D pie chart in Google Sheets is a very easy process.
In this example, I will create my pie chart with this data:
To create a 3D pie chart:
1. Highlight the range of data that you will use to create the chart with
2. Select Insert chart in the toolbar
3. In the Chart editor on the right-hand side of your screen, navigate to the Chart style section and select 3D pie chart
4. You will now have created a 3D pie chart for the data you highlighted in step 1.
Editing Your 3D Pie Chart
To customize your pie chart, select the Customize tab in the Chart editor.
You will 5 options here to edit your pie chart:
- Chart style – here you can change the colors, font, and visual elements of your chart
- Pie chart – here you can label your slices to add values, percentages, or labels. You can also edit the fonts and donut hole settings of your pie chart
- Pie slice – under this section you can edit each pie slice. You can change the color and the distance from center settings
- Chart & axis titles – here you can change your basic chart and axis titles and font settings
- Legend – under this section you can edit the text style of your legend
Creating a 3D pie chart is a great way to add a visual representation to your data.
These types of charts not only look great, but they also make your data easy to understand, and they are easy to create.
I only covered 3D pie charts in this tutorial, but you can also create standard pie charts and doughnut pie charts with Google Sheets. I may cover those in a later post.
More Google Sheets Tutorials:
How to Label a Legend
How to Make a Combo Chart
How to Make an Organizational Chart